Wednesday 17 January 2018

A MINI RELATIONSHIP STORY AND OUR WEDDING PHOTOS

On the 25th of November 2017, exactly 5 years after we first started our relationship, Lewis and I said 'I do' in front of our most loved friends and family in, quite possibly, the most relaxed, stress free ceremony ever. Neither of us had felt nervous the morning of the wedding (and considering our ceremony wasn't until 15:15 we had a lot of time to start panicking!) and just took it all in our stride. 








For those who don't know, Lewis and I had a long distance relationship for the first two years of our life together before moving into our first flat together at the ages of 20 and 18. A lot of people thought it wouldn't last. That Lewis would soon be back at his mums house and I would be back in Kent, 300 miles away like I was before. But we did it. Three and a half years later we are still living together, in our third home, and (mostly) loving every minute. 








Five months after moving in together we discovered I was pregnant with Freya, which obviously was a massive shock for two people so young who hadn't even been living together for half a year yet! We obviously made the decision to continue my pregnancy and now she is the most amazing little gir I know. She is kind, inquisitive, caring and the cleverest little thing you'll ever meet, and I am so grateful for being given the privilege of being her mummy. 








Lewis asked me to marry him when Freya was two months old and of course I said yes, but we both shared the view that it wouldn't happen for a good few years as neither of us were in any sort of rush. But then something just changed and in May 2017, 6 months before our fifth anniversary, we booked our wedding. Yep, you read that right. Six months to plan a whole wedding. And it was stressful. Soooooooo stressful, like beyond belief. But we did it. And with a lot of help from our friends and family, we had a really lovely day. 






Our first dance was to 'You and Me' by Lifehouse and we all filled up on pizza and chips from a local takeaway, before tucking into the most beautiful naked sponge cake and matching cupcakes I've ever seen (and they tasted pretty damn good too!). You might be able to tell now that we're not ones for big, traditional weddings. We did things our way and love every second.






Now don't get me wrong, we fight like cat and dog and bicker almost non stop, but I really do love the bones of this man. He may drive me up the wall and I really wish he wouldn't talk about work so much, but that's what makes him, him. And I wouldn't change him for the world.







No comments:

Post a Comment