Wednesday 24 January 2018

25 BEFORE 25

I've seen a few of these lists floating around at the moment, mainly on YouTube, and I really like the idea of them so I thought I'd join in! I wanted to decide on 25 things for me to do before turning 25, rather than 25 things for Freya or 25 things to do as a family, and it was actually really hard! It's been so long since I thought about what I want to be doing that I struggled quite a bit! A few things on the list are involving Freya or our family but I think I've done quite well to keep them to a minimum. Hopefully if you're thinking of writing a similar list and you're struggling like I did, this will help give you some much needed inspiration! 

25 BEFORE 25 

1. Have another baby
This one speaks for itself, doesn't it? I turn 22 this year and Freya's third birthday is at the end of the year, so I'd love to introduce a fourth little member to our family at some point over the next few years. 

2. Dye my hair blonde (again) 
A few months prior to falling pregnant with Freya I spent almost three hours in a salon having my hair transformed from dark brown to blonde and I absolutely LOVED it! By the time I needed to book an appointment to have my roots done I was in the early stages of pregnancy and hyperemesis gravidarum was setting in so sitting for hours in a salon that smelt of chemicals just wasn't an option. 

3. Go on our first family holiday abroad 
Lewis has been begging me to do this since Freya was about 6 months old and I've just never been brave enough, but I think I'm ready now. Ideally I'd like to do this before we have another baby because the idea of taking TWO little ones to a different country is a bit too much for my brain to handle. 

4. Be happier with my body
I didn't want to write 'lose weight' or 'get to this weight/clothes size' but I am following Slimming World at the moment and I am hoping to get to a point where I am happier with what I see in the mirror. 

5. Get another tattoo 
 I currently only have the one tattoo - Freya's name on my left wrist (cliche I know *eyeroll emoji*) but I really love it and I'm glad I have it. I'd love to add something a bit girly and pretty to that tattoo but I've also got the itch for a new one so we shall see which comes first! 

6. Learn how to drive 
My plan has always been to learn how to drive before Freya starts primary school as the schools we like are about a 30 minute walk away versus a 5 minute drive so it just makes more sense for me to be able to drive her. However, Freya will start her reception year in September 2020 which is just after my 24th birthday so I really need to get my skates on and start my lessons. 

7. Start making more money from my blog / Instagram 
This may sound a bit wankery but I'm a stay at home mum and any extra income I can bring in is always welcome. I have started to make little bits of money here and there but I'd really like to start making it a more regular thing in the next few years. (Sorry for sounding like a dick) 

8. Look into going back to some sort of education 
I've been undecided about going back to education for quite a while now but I'd at least like to research my options and look at the different ways I could get back into the swing of things. 

9. Visit Disney Land Paris
In a dream world I'd love this to be Disney World Orlando but realistically I don't think we'll make it there in the next few years. Disney Land Paris, however, seems much more achievable. I think we'll probably start seriously planning a trip in 2019 with the view of going at some point in 2020 after Freya's fourth birthday. 

10. Visit 5 new UK/Ireland cities 
Travel is something I really wish we did more of. Lewis works incredibly hard and we tend to save his holidays for important occasions like Christmas and birthdays, but over the next few years I'd like to book some more days off so we can have a few long weekend city breaks. Edinburgh is already on our list, as is Dublin. We just need to decide on a few more and hopefully we'll be off! 

11. Purchase a better camera and improve my photography skills
Currently I take all of my photos on an iPhone or an instax mini which both do the job but don't really produce the wow factor that I'm looking for with my photos. The main problem I have is that I've got no bloody clue where to start! If you're into amateur photography and have any recommendations for cameras please, please let me know! 

12. Decorate the flat to make it a home
We've lived in our flat for about 10 months now and haven't really done anything when it comes to decorating. The only room that's anywhere near finished is the bathroom and even then I'm not entirely happy with it. The walls were all freshly painted before we moved in so effectively we have a completely blank canvas to work with, we just have no idea what to do or where to start!

13. Keep a houseplant alive 
Another cliche I know but I'm just so shit at keeping the bastard things alive!!!! I even killed one of those bloody aloe Vera plants from Ikea that only need watering once a week or something stupid like that. Stupid fucking things - who even needs them? I'll just buy a fake one and pretend. Moving on....

14. Learn how to knit or crochet 
I've not decided which one I'd like to learn yet (I'm trying to find out which one is easiest) but once I have, you can bet your bottom dollar that every person I know will be getting a scraggly homemade scarf for Christmas!

15. Redo my wardrobe 
Now at the risk of sounding dramatic, I have no fucking clue what's in fashion and what isn't. The last time I had time for fashion people were wearing chinos and army boots ffs. What hope do I currently have of looking remotely fashionable if that's what's in my wardrobe? I think I'll have to do this one slowly and on the sly though, to stop Lewis from catching wind of it, haha! 

16. Have my tragus re-pierced 
My tragus piercing was one of those rebellious teen things that I did to piss my mum off (along with my numerous nose piercings and ear stretchers) but I really miss it! I don't really bother with lobe earrings but I think tragus piercings can look quite pretty with minimal effort - you can just forget about it! 

17. Have a romantic overnight/weekend trip to London and go to the theatre
Since becoming parents Lewis and I have only ever had one night away from Freya and that was our wedding night, so I'd love to be able to spend one or two nights away just the two of us in a big city, and I love the theatre! I used to see shows fairly often as a child and especially as a teenager when I was studying drama, but the last show I saw was in February 2013. (Billy Elliot, if you were wondering. It's my favourite film and Lewis was still trying to impress me as we were only three months into our relationship). 

18. Write a book 
This has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I've written a few books in my time but none have ever been publishing worthy. I started trying to write books when I was about 11, and I even remember being super proud of one and printing it off so I could give it to my form tutor to read. When I fell ill towards the end of 2012 I lost my love of writing, and then some really big life events happened (a long term hospital admission, moving 300+ miles across the country, having a baby) and I just didn't have time to rediscover that passion. But with Freya in nursery one day a week, which will hopefully increase to two next year, I think I might be ready to start again.

19. Find a skin care routine and STICK TO IT
Forgive me lord, for I have sinned. I take my make up off with a baby wipe and I have no idea what a toner does. Someone PLEASE help a girl out and save my skin from my lack of care.

20. Replace the contents of my make up bag 
It's gross. Honestly. There's stuff in there that is YEARS old. Enough is enough really. 

21. Go to an escape room 
I had to have some trivial stuff on here didn't I? I've loved the look of these since they became popular a couple of years ago and why not stick it on my 25 before 25 list. 

22. Find a regular volunteering position
I used to volunteer a LOT when I was younger and I miss it! While I don't think my mental health is up to a full time, pressurised job, I think something part time and without the pressure of needing my wages or anything like that would be super good for my soul. 

23. Go to a salon for a proper haircut 
I've not had my hair cut professionally since before Freya was born and it's a bit embarrassing really. Get me to a salon ASAP. 

24. Own a car 
Not much use in me being able to drive without having my own car is there? Pretty obvious one this is.

25. Learn how to ask for help
This one mostly refers to when I need a break from parenting. I know there's people who will always help if they can but for some reason my brain prefers me to carry the burden on my shoulders alone which is completely fine and manageable until it gets too much and I crash and burn. No more of that, please. 


No comments:

Post a Comment