Wednesday, 3 May 2017

HELLO, AGAIN

Hello everyone.

Wow, it's been a long time, hasn't it?
I'm not really sure what happened if I'm totally honest. I was struggling a lot with my identity, which I wasn't expecting with Freya having just turned one at the time. I was under the impression that it was only new mums who struggled with their identity, and that I had been lucky enough to avoid feeling that way but I was most definitely wrong. 

I was a bit bored of just being 'Freya's mum'. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mum and I wouldn't be without Freya for anything, but I missed being me. I think I spent the first year of her life putting absolutely everything I had into being a good parent, that by the time her first birthday rolled around I was exhausted and needed to do something for myself. Funny thing is, that's the complete opposite of what I actually did. I stopped doing everything I enjoyed doing (hence the longboard absence on here) and just wallowed in self pity for a couple of months, which I do NOT recommend anyone to do. It's probably taken me much longer to pull myself out of this ruck because of how self destructive I was being. But alas, I am out of that deep dark hole and ready to be Grace again! 

I am now mum to a fully fledged toddler (more on that in another post coming soon) and although it's still as difficult as ever, it's also so much bloody fun now! Freya is the most amazing little girl and I'm so enjoying watching her grow up and explore the world around her. She continues to amaze me every day and I can't wait to tell you all everything she has learnt since the last time we spoke about her. 

I'm hoping to make writing a regular thing for myself again. It's something I really love to do and I find it so therapeutic and cathartic. I'm not going to set myself a schedule or anything like that just yet but I will let you all know on my instagram when a new post goes live. 

I hope you'll wait for me while I find my footing with blogging again. I've missed it. I've missed you all. 

I hope to see you soon. Thanks for reading, 

Grace x